We are looking for an experienced Development Lawyer who is used to working autonomously and has substantial experience in residential development and the new homes sector.
Specifically, the role would involve:
- General counsel responsibilities reporting directly into senior management.
- Liaising with externally appointed solicitors on a broad array of legal matters including employment, construction, banking, planning, real estate and litigation.
- Undertaking land acquisition work generally on a subject planning basis including conditional contracts, option agreement, overages, discerned payments (secured and unsecured), phased acquisitions, pre-emption’s and similar.
- Coordinating with an external law firm appointed to undertake plot sales from sites (but with the aspiration that eventually, plot sales will be dealt with in-house), subject to the appropriate software package being applied and conveyancer coming on board.
- Dealing with general governance and regulatory matters on behalf of the company such as company insurances, subject access requests, leading on formulating internal company employee policy,
- The internal technical planning and land teams to ensure that each site acquisition contract (which may be handled internally or externally) is robust from a 360̊ point of view.
- Reviewing and reporting on title issues and arranging appropriate title insurance policies.
- Dealing with conditions precedent to draw down on acquisitions of finance and development finance.
- General guidance on regulatory updates and requirements relating to housing sector matters such as help to buy, leasehold and selling etc.