Newett Homes is a housebuilding business developing across many parts of Yorkshire. It has a key focus to build and sell high quality homes with fantastic customer experience across the Yorkshire region. As part of the business’s continued growth we are recruiting various roles within the business, offering very competitive packages for the correct people to help us drive the business forward.
Our vision for the business is to have a market leading product and customer experience, whilst growing the business. As part of the growth plans this will include establishing new regional offices and developing sites in various different regions within the North of England.
Newett Homes which is based at Thorp Arch Grange, Wetherby is looking for a professional, friendly receptionist who is used to working autonomously and who has good experience within the role. In this position, you will greet guests entering the building and help direct them where they need to go. In addition, you’ll be responsible for answering and managing the phones, delivers, meeting room bookings, office supplies and other elements within the office. You will work a set 5 day schedule from 8:30 to 17:30 that’s free of weekend and evening hours.
- Switchboard management, answering the telephone promptly and directing any calls accordingly
- Answering the video entry phone promptly and in a professional manner at all times
- Greeting visitors to Newett Homes, taking their coats/bags, offering refreshments and taking them to the meeting rooms
- Meeting rooms diary management
- Setting up all meeting rooms in preparation for the meetings of the day as follows:
- Preparing stationery, pens/pencils, and the set-up of computers, Skype/video conferencing, audio visual and presentation equipment; and
- Preparing refreshments for meetings including the provision of milk, hot water flask, coffee flasks, selection of teas, water, crockery, glasses etc. in meeting rooms and continuing to replenish refreshments during meetings when necessary.
- Clearing up after meetings have finished and ensuring that reception area and the meeting rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times, tables are wiped down after meetings, coffee machines are clean, window blinds are tidy etc.
- Accepting deliveries and notifying intended recipients promptly
- Assisting with taxi and restaurant bookings as and when required
- Ensuring that the reception desk/area are always immaculate
- Attending the reception desk every day until 17:30.
- Distribution of internal post
- Manage the building log of who is entering and exiting the building
- Providing assistance with any ad hoc tasks as and when required
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will need to have the following competencies:-
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in I.T (including Microsoft Office)
- Excellent written and editorial skills
Key Personal Skills & Attributes
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills and attributes:-
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong confidence
- A proven ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Loyalty, honesty and reliability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
Please register your interest or direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01937 543 597.