At Newett Homes, we’re looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team and help deliver the high standards and specifications that we put into every Newett Home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Yorkshire’s premier house builders. For the right candidate, we can offer a competitive salary plus a bonus scheme and uncapped OTE.
As our Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations.
Here are some of the main responsibilities of the role:
- Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on-site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary
- Manage the Professional Fees Budget
- Assist with material buying when required.
- Assist the Estimator and/or Commercial Manager with takeoff’s for land appraisals when required
Your experience and qualifications:
- Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor or Surveyor with a residential house builder.
- Qualifications and Training
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- GCSE Grade C/4+ or equivalent in English and Maths
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of using COINS housebuilding software
Ideally, you’ll have these qualities:
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Willing to be flexible with respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Office based role, with travel within the Yorkshire area.
- Ability to travel to development sites as and when required.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Company car/car allowance
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
Please send a covering letter and current CV to email@example.com
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.